Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Eye Catching Views of Karen



"With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony, and the deep power of joy, we see into the life of things." William Wordsworth

For those keeping up with the saga of my niece Karen, who lost her right eye to cancer barely two weeks ago, here's the latest.

Don't cringe at my title, look at the pictures above and below to see I'm just following Karen's lead. Which is to make lemonade out of lemons, turn chicken sh*t into chicken salad, focus on the joy of family, continue to embrace life.

If you can't see that, you need to look again.

I've already shared a picture of Karen in her first basic black eye patch. But now she's got a full wardrobe of eye catching patches. So I asked her to give us a look-see. She did a fashion shoot this week with daughter Amy manning the camera. Here are the fab results.

Keep in mind Amy isn't yet 10 years old. I think she's got a real career ahead of her. Look out, Annie Liebovitz!


Miss Thing Does Bling




A Kiss For You




Haa Cha Cha Cha!




Oriental Peace Patch




Make That Double Peace, Y'All


Courage, humor, style and grace under pressure. I can't think of anything better to inspire us all, can you?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen looks gorgeous! Your family is truly filled with treasures.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the bling, what a great idea, who would have thought.

Karen, as long as your counting your blessings, you have great hair! Good luck!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea this was possible. How wonderful for women to have a wardrobe even of eye patches. It seems to make Karen feel good, which is so important. When my wife had breast cancer I remember how much care she took with her outfits. Keep thinking positive, it makes a difference.

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knowing Karen, she is a survivor- a wonderful strong lady. My prayers are with her.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home