Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Mal Johnson Memorial



"She was an exceptional trailblazer, whose tenacity and talent made NABJ and the world better." Kathy Times, NABJ Vice President of Broadcast

Last week I wrote about Mal Johnson, broadcast pioneer and my very first boss. I received a wonderful note from another of Mal's colleagues, Frieda Werden, producer, WINGS: Women's International News Gathering Service. She said:
I was googling and found your memoir about Mal on your blog. She and I were friends more and more from about 1992 on - we worked together very closely the last four years especially, in the International Association of Women in Radio & TV. I put up a blog just about Mal, and have excerpted a little of your post and pasted a link. You might like to jaunt over there - it's growing bit by bit. I haven't even posted my own memories yet - I'm still thinking about her and wondering how to say what I felt. I thought what you said was extremely apt, and showed she had the same kind of character throughout her professional life. It's at http://www.maljohnson.blogspot.com/

Here's info for anyone who can go celebrate the life and legacy of Mal Johnson.

November 30 Memorial Service at National Press Club

A memorial service for Mal Johnson will be held at the National Press Club in Washington DC, on November 30, 2007, 3 to 5 pm. It's being coordinated by Kim Otis, executive director of the National Council of Women's Organizations, http://www.womensorganizations.org/. Please contact NCWO if you are from an organization that Mal supported and would like to co-sponsor the event or recommend a speaker. The event will be videotaped.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home