Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Under Construction



"She well knew the great architectural secret of decorating her constructions, and never condescended to construct a decoration." Anthony Trollope

I've discovered that having construction work done in your house--especially in your bedroom--is similar to having root canal.

Your personal space is invaded. You're at the mercy of someone with tools. You feel under siege. Strangers are pounding and pulling and grinding ... okay, you get the point.

There's a rainbow at the end of all this. When they're done I'll have a new, roomy, state of the art walk-in closet. Built-ins. Mirrors. Shelves galore. Even the TV will have a new home in the wall.

All courtesy of my loving husband, a gift for my birthday.

But to tell you the truth, at the moment I feel like I've aged ten years.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home