Thursday, June 21, 2007

Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc + Oy



"After it, therefore because of it. It means one thing follows the other therefore it was caused by the other." President Jed Bartlet, The West Wing

After my birthday, therefore because of my birthday, I was unable to write. Or so it's seemed since last week.

Partly because I had one of those Boomer Milestones that engender lots of calls, emails, packages, discussions ... and self-reflection.

Another reason --excuse?-- is my Bad Boomer Back. I had a "procedure" (involves needles stuck into the spine, don't ask) but it didn't do the trick. So in order to avoid major back surgery, I've developed a single-minded devotion to Power PT.

But most important, I've been helping a new friend put together a new blog celebrating the construction of a new building documenting something generations old -- the American Jewish Community.

Updates on the new blog of Philly's National Museum of American Jewish History, Jewish, Etc. to follow.

In the meantime, check out some of these Online Exhibitions to see that Jews came to America to escape oppression, therefore oppression caused Jews to come to America.

But it didn't keep them from creating vibrant, interesting, impressive new lives, without oppression. And without obsessing over meaningless birthdays.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home