Tuesday, July 17, 2007

10,000 Memories



"You can't win them all." Connie Mack

After watching the Phillies historic disaster Sunday night, I remembered a piece I wrote last year about my memorable personal encounter with the original Philly Phanatic.

Intending to reprise a good story, I took another look at it.


Doo-doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo-doo.... (no, not a commenary on the Phillies, it's the Twilight Zone theme).

You won't believe the timing, or the circumstances.

See for yourself: How the Philly Phanatic Turned Green


My friend Dan Rubin, the Inquirer's Metro Columnist and still my favorite blogger would call this one of my Brushes with Greatness.

This time, Dan, it was more like Flushes with Greatness.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your stories. This one really made me laugh.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just discovered your blog and you are now on my daily required reading list. Thank you.

I'm looking forward to reading through the archives.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home