Monday, November 27, 2006

AAAHHHChoo!



"It is dainty to be sick, if you have leisure and convenience for it." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Frankly, I don't feel very dainty. I'm sneezing and coughing and blowing my nose. I have a sore throat. A voice like Marge Simpson. It's hard to talk. My head is so stuffy and fluffy it's hard to think.

No, I don't have the flu, just a bad cold, but still, it's unpleasant. Of course I haven't taken to my bed at the first sneeze as The Men are prone to do. But forget the Monday workout. Possibly even Tuesday shopping. Only the essentials will get done for the next few days.

I confess I did lie down for a bit earlier in the day. Now I'm sitting here staring at the computer screen like a pathetic, mouth breathing little kid, trying to opine. But nothing of value is emerging from my cotton-wrapped brain.

So instead I offer you this, in the spirit of things not always being--or sounding--as they seem. Needless to say, it was sent to me with the caption, "Funny, they don't look Jewish."

I would only add that Tradition is obviously a universal concept.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home