Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A Bad Day

"Things are going to get a lot worse before they get worse." Lily Tomlin

I'm having a bad day. It's not your fault. In fact, if you're anything like me, you're probably having a bad day too.

As an organized person (not anal, really, I just like things orderly), I decided to make a list of Reasons I'm Having a Bad Day. Lists are good. They help you view things logically and objectively, tick things off, one at a time.

Speaking of ticked off ... that's why I'm having a bad day. I'm indignant, choleric, irate and bitterly infuriated by what's happening to our country and to our lives. Every day we're served up more wretched news, asked to chew on intolerable statistics, forced to swallow unpalatable behavior, expected to digest gross obfuscation and lies. It's nauseating. It's enough to make you sick.

I've reached anger saturation. Stand back, I'm gonna blow.

WAIT! I apologize, I got a little too metaphor-locked there for a minute.

So without further eww, here's my list:

The War in Iraq ... Innocent people are needlessly dying so bad-ass government and corporate villains can profit. We need to get the hell out of there!

Nuclear Weapons in Iran and North Korea ... Oh yeah, give those maniacs nukes. We might as well join the chanting right now, "Americans must die!"

Social Security Cuts ... How's this for a plan: take back the $30 billion plus in bloated pensions, bonuses and golden parachutes paid to corporate pirates each year and put it in an interest-bearing retirement fund for the rest of us.

Wal-Mart Stiffing It's Employees ... The nation's largest company can't seem to pay it's workers a living wage. Here's another plan: let's get their board of directors to sell a yacht or two and ante up.

Florida Getting in People's Business ... Somebody needs to tell Jeb Bush that God did not appoint him guardian of other people's bodies or souls. Should it be (SNL Church Lady smirk) ........... SATAN?

All Self-Righteous Christians (Tom DeLay, Bill Frist, Jeb, George W, etc.) ... Here's a novel idea: pray on your own time, govern on ours.

I could add plenty of other items. But for now, this is all I can stomach. Anything more would just make a bad day worse.


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger circlejerker said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home