Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Best Bush Smackdown


msnbc.com

"How dare you, Mr. President, after taking cynical advantage of the unanimity and love, and transmuting it into fraudulent war and needless death, after monstrously transforming it into fear and suspicion and turning that fear into the campaign slogan of three elections? How dare you -- or those around you -- ever "spin" 9/11?" Keith Olbermann

I am often proud of the essays I write, of my ability to turn a phrase, touch a heart or a nerve, convey ideas, inspire thought, provoke response.

Here on this blog I've told some great stories, engaged in spirited debate and expressed my outrage, especially at the right wing nuts currently running our country into the ground.

Online and off, I follow the news and read opinion columns of every stripe, both for their substance and for their style. Writing is a process. For many, a sacred calling. It involves thinking and evaluating and distilling ideas and points of view into just the right words and phrases.

Excellent writing is a beautiful thing. So I am often humbled by writing superior to mine.

Especially when it express every single thought and ideal I espouse. Even more these days when it speaks directly to my frustration and shame and rage over our president's appalling disregard for the country and the people he governs. And for the death and destruction resulting from his own hubris and denial of responsibility.

Which brings me to Keith Olbermann's extraordinary diatribe on the 5th anniversary of 9/11. Read it here: This hole in the ground. Or watch the video here. Share it with your friends, family, colleagues.

Because we all deserve to know "Who has left this hole in the ground?"
And we will never see it articulated better than through Mr. Olbermann's brilliant commentary.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Gram said...

I agree. It is one of the best I have heard for quite some time.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home