Thursday, April 12, 2007

Kurt Vonnegut


vonnegut.com

"I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center." Kurt Vonnegut

I wish I had a personal Kurt Vonnegut story, but I don't.

My friend Jesse Kornbluth does, over at his stellar site, Head Butler. Jesse describes meeting Vonnegut first during his own callow youth and then spending time with him 20 years later as an adult.

Jesse also gives you a window in the man as well as the author, describing the highlights--more low lights--in Vonnegut's extraordinary personal history. And tries, as we all try, to tell the uninitiated what they're missing.

If you've one of those who've never read Vonnegut, you haven't experienced Life. Really. My recommendation: start with "Cat's Cradle."

Read Jesse's Vonnegut piece here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home