Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day



"So my advice for Valentine's Day? Look her in the eye. Eat dinner together. Hold his hand. Go shopping together. Most of life is chores. It's how you lived life and shared the chores of living that's important." Carl Hindy

Valentine's Day is a trumped up holiday which has nothing to do with love. A saint was killed on this day, in fact.

Nobody should need a special holiday to express love and devotion.

However, why fight city hall, so we have it well organized...

Bring me roses.

Don't forget the heart-shaped box of (dark) chocolates.

Give me a hug and a kiss.

Say 'Happy Valentine's Day, Honey.'

Laugh at the card I got you.

Compliment the dinner I made

Help with the dishes.

Then leave me alone.

After 25 years of marriage, that's still the formula for success in our house on this dumb holiday.

We don't need a day, we've got a lifetime.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home