Monday, February 05, 2007

Do Not Call Me



"Most Consumers have found that by and large the registry stops most telemarketing calls they've been receiving." David Robbins

The day after the most watched commercials of the year seems a fitting time to protect ourselves against a different kind of advertising -- telemarketing.

You can register or update your phone numbers on the National Do Not Call Registry. It's easy and painless.

If you've registered before, you're only covered for 5 years, then you have to reregister all numbers.

Remember to add your cell phone number to the Do Not Call list. And if you have a personal fax number, add that too.

And don't forget your parents, especially if they're seniors. The elderly are particularly susceptible to unscrupulous telemarketers and scam artists. I registered my folks' home and cell numbers and frankly, I sleep better for that.

Here's the Federal Trade Commission's FAQ: Q&A: The National Do Not Call Registry.

Occasionally I still get marketing calls and the instant I say, "I'm on the Do Not Call list" they hang up before I can threaten to report them.

By the way, despite the controversy trumped up by fast food restaurants I thought the K-Fed ad was hilarious. On the other hand, Budwiser's creativite geniuses surely could have come up with something less insulting to Americans and immigrants alike.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home