Thursday, December 29, 2005

My Blog 2005 - News and Newsmakers



"I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves." George W. Bush

Blogging has bloomed Bigtime this year, especially on current events. Hardly surprising. There's been a lot to rant, rave and commiserate about.


I salute everyone who's taken the time and energy to speak his or her mind with passion and thoughtful intent.

I've tried to do that, and while sometimes it's been easy, other times I just wanted to howl at the moon.

Choosing from over 200 posts was far from easy. We've been subjected to so much death, destruction, demagoguery and just plain stupidity throughout 2005, the mind literally boggles. And unfortunately, there will be more to come.

Here's my best shot at a representative selection on issues, idiots and innocents who made the news this year around the country, the world and in my hometown.

These and other posts can be found within the categories on the right.

HURRICANE HARANGUES, MEDIA MUSINGS, POLITICAL POLEMICS, RANTS ON RITES, SOAPBOX SPECIALS, WARRING WITH WAR

Nazi-Schmazi? 1.17.05

Always Listen to My Mother - I Wish Terri Had 3.24.05

Quote: Blow DeLay Away! End Quote 4.18.05

Bagging Big Bird 6.20.05

Stem Cell or Hell 7.29.05

Katrina - A Storm of Injustice 9.2.05

Antiwar Protest - Arrested Development 9.27.05

Politicians and Religion 10.7.05

Iraq - Two Thousand Too Many 10.26.05


PHILLY PHOCUS

Sin and Santorum 7.14.05

Death by Screw Up 8.02.05

Hit-and-Run-and-Hide 8.23.05

Clergy Abuse Report: Too Much Brotherly Love 9.22.05

Teens and Gun Violence 11.28.05

You can find more under COURT CAPERS, DEMOCRATS AND DOORKNOCKERS and LIFESTYLES AND LEVITY.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home