Wednesday, December 28, 2005

My Blog 2005 - Heartsongs and Heroes



"In life as in dance: Grace glides on blistered feet." Alice Abrams

It's time again for everybody with a traditional or new media bully pulpit to look back at the year almost gone. I started this blog in January of 2005, so for me it's a journey of discovery and a bit of wonder that I've found so much to say.

I'll review some of my news and entertainment posts through the rest of this week. I see it not as an exercise in self indulgence but rather a way to help remember the events and people who touched all of us in good and sometimes terrible ways.

In my own family we've faced our share of strom and drang. But we've got our share of heroes too, and those who've brought joy and inspiration to us -- and I hope to some of you.

To point out the obvious, my blog is organized into categories, listed on the right. I'm starting my blog review with the personal category, HEARTSONGS AND HEROES.

In honor of my mother, my son, my nephew and my sisters--and in memory of those we've lost--I offer these posts:

Lighting the Way 4.14.05

Mother's Day Tears and Laughter 5.6.05

Alex's Lemonade - Elixir of Life 6.10.05

Cancer - All in the Family 10.6.05

Feel free to browse the entire category, but keep some tissues handy -- for laughter and tears.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home