Friday, December 30, 2005

My Blog 2005 - Celebrity Deaths



"I answer the heroic question 'Death, where is they sting?' with 'It is here in my heart and mind and memories.'" Maya Angelou

We lost a lot of famous people in 2005. The media will be filled with images and information in traditional year end lists and reviews.

I knew a few of those people, some well, some in passing and some not at all, but felt a personal sense of loss because they came into our homes through television or had an enormous impact on our collective history.

It's one thing to read objective obituaries and bios, it's another to share memories and thoughts about people who touched our lives in special ways.

Here are my own personal stories about some of those who left us in 2005.

Johnny Carson - Heeeerrrre's To You 1.23.05

The Pope, Take Two - Wrong! 4.3.05

Here's To You, Mrs. Robinson 6.8.05

Peter Jennings - Shaken, Not Stirred 8.8.05

Simon Wiesenthal: "Justice, Not Vengeance." 9.20.05

C. DeLores Tucker - We Called Her CDT 10.21.05

Pyror and McCarthy - Yin and Yang 12.13.05

I've also had some unique personal experiences with celebrated figures. You can find those in very first category on the right, ARBITRARY A-LIST. Here are my top three:

Bob Dylan - My Personal Chronicle 9.15.05

Jack Kennedy's Monica? 10.10.05

Woodward and Bernstein Back in the Day 11.30.05


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home