Monday, June 05, 2006

Alex's Week



"If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or Fight Like Hell." Lance Armstrong

This blog was inspired by my pal Cindy Lou, who started one of her own and showed it to me. Eureka! Epiphany. This was the place for all the ideas, opinions, experiences and stories overcrowding my brain.

The very first piece I wrote was inspired by my nephew Alex. He's an extraordinary kid. Here's what I wrote about him in January, 2004: One for the "Angel Files".

I've been sharing updates of his battle with the insidious disease VHL and will continue to do so. Especially this week.

Last June I wrote a piece urging support for Alex's Lemonade Stand, a now national campaign to raise money for childhood cancer started by Alex Scott, a little girl from Merion, PA who lost her own battle with the disease at the age of 8.

Alex Scott's father wrote to me and our Alex's mother wrote to the Scotts and one thing led to another. Now our Alex has joined the Alex's Lemonade Stand family. They have agreed to donate a portion of their proceeds to the fight against VHL.

If you live or go down the shore, save the date: Saturday, June 10. Note the place: The Margate Firehouse.

Get ready to join us for Alex's Alex's Lemonade Stand in honor of Two Alex's, One Dream.

More info tomorrow and all this week.

It's about pediatric cancer. There just isn't anything more important.


Firstgiving - Two Alex's, One Dream

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home